Joying Technology Co., Ltd
Spotify (or Youtube,...) auto starts always, how to stop? - Printable Version

+- Joying Technology Co., Ltd (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problem Discussion (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Spotify (or Youtube,...) auto starts always, how to stop? (/showthread.php?tid=3571)

Pages: 1 2 3

Spotify (or Youtube,...) auto starts always, how to stop? - bersercci - 05-29-2019

Hi, every time I start the car, Spotify will start in full app mode.

I have tried to un and reinstall Spotify, even did a factory reset and reinstalled firmware. Still, Spotify opens at key turn on e installed and started.

If I close Spotify and reboot, it will not open automatically. But once started, it will open every time after standby, even if I close the app before I shut the engine.

How to disable Spotify from starting automatically after standby?

My HU is UO135N4G and with 2019-04-22 software.

RE: Spotify auto starts always, how to stop? - admin - 05-30-2019

(05-29-2019, 01:03 PM)bersercci Wrote:  Hi, every time I start the car, Spotify will start in full app mode.

I have tried to un and reinstall Spotify, even did a factory reset and reinstalled firmware. Still, Spotify opens at key turn on e installed and started.

If I close Spotify and reboot, it will not open automatically. But once started, it will open every time after standby, even if I close the app before I shut the engine.

Your words have a little contradiction.
You said that if close the Spotify and then reboot, it will not open. but you also said that you close the app and then shut the engine it still has the Spotify open automatically.
These two sentences have a contradiction.

RE: Spotify auto starts always, how to stop? - bersercci - 06-04-2019

(05-30-2019, 08:06 AM)admin Wrote:  
(05-29-2019, 01:03 PM)bersercci Wrote:  Hi, every time I start the car, Spotify will start in full app mode.

Your words have a little contradiction.
You said that if close the Spotify and then reboot, it will not open. but you also said that you close the app and then shut the engine it still has the Spotify open automatically.
These two sentences have a contradiction.

No they don't.

Rebooting is, well, rebooting (e.g. select reboot from notification bar curtain) -> Spotify won't start automatically.

When you shut the engine, the HU only goes to standby and wakes on ignition -> Spotify starts automatically.

But thanks for your contribution.

But back to the issue, am I the only one with this problem? It helps me in debugging the issue to know.

RE: Spotify auto starts always, how to stop? - julien_blanche - 06-04-2019

I'm having same problem with youtube application, same situation without solution. Maybe you can try tasker application to set rules..

RE: Spotify auto starts always, how to stop? - bersercci - 06-05-2019

(06-04-2019, 10:01 PM)julien_blanche Wrote:  I'm having same problem with youtube application, same situation without solution. Maybe you can try tasker application to set rules..

Ok, there seems to be an issue here that is not Spotify related but rather apps autostarting.

Do you use Nova laucher or have you had a Youtube widget at any time?

I’m trying to figure out how Youtube or Spotify end up having run at startup as option.

If you install e.g. bootmanager app from play store, does it show Youtube on the list?

RE: Spotify auto starts always, how to stop? - admin - 06-05-2019

(06-05-2019, 08:44 AM)bersercci Wrote:  
(06-04-2019, 10:01 PM)julien_blanche Wrote:  I'm having same problem with youtube application, same situation without solution. Maybe you can try tasker application to set rules..

Ok, there seems to be an issue here that is not Spotify related but rather apps autostarting.

I’m trying to figure out how Youtube or Spotify end up having run at startup as option.

If you install e.g. bootmanager app from play store, does it show Youtube on the list?

May I know your email? we would like to send you an email about the problems.

RE: Spotify auto starts always, how to stop? - admin - 06-05-2019

RE: Spotify (or other app) auto starts always, how to stop? - bersercci - 06-07-2019

(06-05-2019, 09:01 AM)admin Wrote:  

I sent you a private message with my email.

Thanks!

RE: Spotify (or Youtube,...) auto starts always, how to stop? - bersercci - 06-24-2019

Ok, still the same issue persists.

I also now have Youtube opening every time the headunit wakes up from sleep (used to be Spotify).

What happened was this:

1) I installed another app that had a Youtube guide. The other app (Tasker) opened Youtube from within the app
2) Youtube showed the guide video (I did NOT make any tasker profile or task to open any app!)
3) Now, every time I turn on ignition, the head unit wakes from sleep and Youtube starts automatically (even if I close it and kill the process before sleep)

The problem is that this behaviour is VERY persistent. Even if I uninstall app, do factory reset and reinstall Joying software, the program will start automatically.
There are some settings that obviously are persistent and some that do not stick at all (e.g. Spotify - Waze integration).

Is there a way to do a COMPLETE reinstall so nothing is left behind?
Or can you fix the issue of these apps opening automatically?
Or can I manually edit the list of apps opening on startup?

RE: Spotify (or Youtube,...) auto starts always, how to stop? - admin - 06-26-2019

(06-24-2019, 08:24 AM)bersercci Wrote:  Ok, still the same issue persists.

I also now have Youtube opening every time the headunit wakes up from sleep (used to be Spotify).

What happened was this:

1) I installed another app that had a Youtube guide. The other app (Tasker) opened Youtube from within the app
2) Youtube showed the guide video  (I did NOT make any tasker profile or task to open any app!)
3) Now, every time I turn on ignition, the head unit wakes from sleep and Youtube starts automatically (even if I close it and kill the process before sleep)

The problem is that this behaviour is VERY persistent. Even if I uninstall app, do factory reset and reinstall Joying software, the program will start automatically.
There are some settings that obviously are persistent and some that do not stick at all (e.g. Spotify - Waze integration).

Is there a way to do a COMPLETE reinstall so nothing is left behind?
Or can you fix the issue of these apps opening automatically?
Or can I manually edit the list of apps opening on startup?

May I have a check with your screenshot of "about device" on your head unit? because we can not confirm your current head unit system.