Joying Technology Co., Ltd
Bluetooth!! - Printable Version

+- Joying Technology Co., Ltd (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problem Discussion (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bluetooth!! (/showthread.php?tid=3886)

Pages: 1 2

Bluetooth!! - LunaEros - 03-29-2020

Why can't I link my bluetooth keyboard to my HU?!!!!
I just got my JY-HOS01N4GS-2 in last week and have been setting it up on the bench before I put it in the car. I am trying to connect my Logitech BT keyboard to it. The HU sees it but when I try to link it it says linking failed.
I understand from reading on sites like xdadevelopers that Joying among other Android HU makers put major limitations on what you can connect to the unit through BT. FIX THIS JOYING!!!! Our Head units should operate just like any other Android device! It is the whole reason we buy them!
I had better GD well not have any problems connecting my OBDLINK MX to the unit!!! ????

And another thing! Why can't I disable that clock on the side of the new UI?!!
It looks nice but it takes up too much room!

RE: Bluetooth!! - admin - 03-30-2020

(03-29-2020, 06:33 PM)LunaEros Wrote:  Why can't I link my bluetooth keyboard to my HU?!!!!
I just got my JY-HOS01N4GS-2 in last week and have been setting it up on the bench before I put it in the car. I am trying to connect my Logitech BT keyboard to it. The HU sees it but when I try to link it it says linking failed.
I understand from reading on sites like xdadevelopers that Joying among other Android HU makers put major limitations on what you can connect to the unit through BT. FIX THIS JOYING!!!! Our Head units should operate just like any other Android device! It is the whole reason we buy them!
I had better GD well not have any problems connecting my OBDLINK MX to the unit!!!   ????

And another thing! Why can't I disable that clock on the side of the new UI?!!
It looks nice but it takes up too much room!

Really sorry. our head unit can not be compatible with other Bluetooth devices.

About the clock on the home screen, that is the original design. you should know the design before your purchase.
Because it has shown in our advertisement.

RE: Bluetooth!! - LunaEros - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 08:58 AM)admin Wrote:  Really sorry. our head unit can not be compatible with other Bluetooth devices.

About the clock on the home screen, that is the original design. you should know the design before your purchase.

That is a lie. It CAN be compatible with any BT device. All that has to be done in incorporate the full Android BT stack instead of the limited one you included. Joying just chose to NOT make these units compatible for reasons that are beyond me.

I saw the design on the page I bought it from but the description mentioned nothing about it could not be changed like every other Android device on the market. There is no reason you can't design it so people can customize the unit to they way they want instead of locking it down so they cannot.

That is the whole point of buying an Android car stereo, so it can be customized to use they way the buyer wants. If you're going to make it non-customizable then you should just build your own proprietary operating system instead of using Android. But then you wouldn't sell many units, would you? Joying is just like Apple in that respect and many people in the US HATE Apple because they are proprietary with everything.

Warranty be damned. It would probably cost way too much to send a broken unit back to get a replacement anyway. There's already a bunch of hackers in online that are rooting your units to make it do what they want. I'll see what help they can offer me.

RE: Bluetooth!! - cbua - 04-18-2020

(03-30-2020, 11:20 AM)LunaEros Wrote:  
(03-30-2020, 08:58 AM)admin Wrote:  Really sorry. our head unit can not be compatible with other Bluetooth devices.

That is a lie. It CAN be compatible with any BT device. All that has to be done in incorporate the full Android BT stack instead of the limited one you included. Joying just chose to NOT make these units compatible for reasons that are beyond me.

I saw the design on the page I bought it from but the description mentioned nothing about it could not be changed like every other Android device on the market.  There is no reason you can't design it so people can customize the unit to they way they want instead of locking it down so they cannot.

That is the whole point of buying an Android car stereo, so it can be customized to use they way the buyer wants. If you're going to make it non-customizable then you should just build your own proprietary operating system instead of using Android. But then you wouldn't sell many units, would you? Joying is just like Apple in that respect and many people in the US HATE Apple because they are proprietary with everything.

Warranty be damned. It would probably cost way too much to send a broken unit back to get a replacement anyway. There's already a bunch of hackers in online that are rooting your units to make it do what they want. I'll see what help they can offer me.

Totally agree.
Don't call it ANDROID Head Unit if we can not custom it as any android device. The idea behind Open Source project Android is Freedom.
You should not market your products as ANDROID if you you're blocking functionality or forcing on purpose misbehave.

RE: Bluetooth!! - mclellan83 - 04-21-2020

On their Facebook page they had talked about updating the firmware to allow more bluetooth integration, which I have eagerly been awaiting since I purchased a second unit to just run my air ride and backup camera. Any update on that firmware?

RE: Bluetooth!! - LunaEros - 04-22-2020

(04-21-2020, 12:34 PM)mclellan83 Wrote:  On their Facebook page they had talked about updating the firmware to allow more bluetooth integration, which I have eagerly been awaiting since I purchased a second unit to just run my air ride and backup camera.  Any update on that firmware?

I wouldn't hold my breath. They'd be smart if they did though because they could in dominate this niche market since none of the manufacturers have full BT. They're all like our Joying units.

RE: Bluetooth!! - midd - 04-28-2020

Why not? Why can't it be more compatible with other Bluetooth devices?  Please provide an explanation.

Really sorry. our head unit can not be compatible with other Bluetooth devices.

[/quote]

RE: Bluetooth!! - LunaEros - 04-28-2020

I've heard two reasons. One is they don't put the full BT stack in it instead suing a limited version of it and I've also heard it's either the BT module they use or how they use it on the board. I'm hoping it's the former which means it could be circumvented somehow. If it's the latter that means the BT module wold have to be replaced, if it's possible.

RE: Bluetooth!! - midd - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 01:44 PM)LunaEros Wrote:  I've heard two reasons. One is they don't put the full BT stack in it instead suing a limited version of it and I've also heard it's either the BT module they use or how they use it on the board. I'm hoping it's the former which means it could be circumvented somehow. If it's the latter that means the BT module wold have to be replaced, if it's possible.

It has to be the stack (or lack there of) because rooted devices allow the full bluetooth package to be installed. I have two older Joying units (Android 5) that have been rooted that work just fine with other bluetooth devices.

RE: Bluetooth!! - LunaEros - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 02:29 PM)midd Wrote:  It has to be the stack (or lack there of) because rooted devices allow the full bluetooth package to be installed.  I have two older Joying units (Android 5)  that have been rooted that work just fine with other bluetooth devices.

Let me clarify. I've heard those reasons in reference to the FYT units with the Intel SC9853i Airmont Octacore chip running Android 8.1.0.
Which is what mine is.