4-07-2020 Update for Airmont?
I see on the blog you have the 4-07-2020 update for Android 8.1 Intel Airmont SC9853i but not for my model JY-HOS01N4GS-2.
Where is the 4-07 update for MY unit?
(04-22-2020, 03:29 PM)LunaEros Wrote:  I see on the blog you have the 4-07-2020 update for Android 8.1 Intel Airmont SC9853i but not for my model JY-HOS01N4GS-2.
Where is the 4-07 update for MY unit?

There is no your head unit update file now. please pay attention to our website. sorry.
Well then I have another question. Even though I do kind of like the look of the new UI, the fact that I cannot disable or hide the clock on the right side annoys me. It takes entirely too much screen space. I discovered that can't even get rid of it using another launcher because it's apparently baked into the OS itself. The only time it disappears is when a video plays so I know it's not hardware encoded.
Would I be able to flash the latest update from the similar model using the Old UI (GS-1 instead of GS-2 like I have) and not lose any of it's functionality?
Subscribing to see the answer
(04-23-2020, 10:31 AM)LunaEros Wrote:  Well then I have another question. Even though I do kind of like the look of the new UI, the fact that I cannot disable or hide the clock on the right side annoys me. It takes entirely too much screen space. I discovered that can't even get rid of it using another launcher because it's apparently baked into the OS itself. The only time it disappears is when a video plays so I know it's not hardware encoded.
Would I be able to flash the latest update from the similar model using the Old UI (GS-1 instead of GS-2 like I have) and not lose any of it's functionality?

Sorry, GS-1 old UI can not be supported on your head unit system.
(04-27-2020, 08:38 AM)admin Wrote:  
(04-23-2020, 10:31 AM)LunaEros Wrote:  Well then I have another question. Even though I do kind of like the look of the new UI, the fact that I cannot disable or hide the clock on the right side annoys me. It takes entirely too much screen space. I discovered that can't even get rid of it using another launcher because it's apparently baked into the OS itself. The only time it disappears is when a video plays so I know it's not hardware encoded.

Sorry, GS-1 old UI can not be supported on your head unit system.

So there is absolutely no way I can get rid of that clock on the right hand side?
There must be some way since it disappears when video plays.

Are you guys at least going to consider making it possible to disable the clock or make it disappear as an option in future updates?
Someone one here also said that Joying stated that they were going to make the Bluetooth fully functional on all the units in the future.
Is this true and is there possible time frame for this?

Please answer each of my questions instead of just one.
You could always flash a custom rom but that would of course void any guarantee that you may have on the unit.
(04-27-2020, 12:40 PM)PassLee Wrote:  You could always flash a custom rom but that would of course void any guarantee that you may have on the unit.

I don't think there are any for my particular unit. I would but even then I would want a backup first in case it bricked during the process.