audio issues - loud volume / hissing / static issues
Hi,

I recently ordered a head unit for my Honda CRV-2012 (yesterday). I installed it and thing seem ok ! I had the model that has an external subwoofer, but not a navigation system.

1)  I noticed that the base volume is very loud when enabling the AMP. Is there anything to tone down the base volume ? I basically need to keep it on volume setting 1-2. I tried playing with the equalizer a bit, but I’m hoping that there is a gain setting somewhere. I had to turn on the amp option from settings to get any kind of audio.

2) There is some static / background noise all the time in the speaker (sound like mild interference). Do you have any suggestions ?

3) The white / red audio cables that come with the harness - do I need to plug them into the output of the head unit ? I did not, and I still get sound. It is a bit confusing. I also tried plugging them in - it does not make any difference.

4) I tried taking the side mounting helper bracket from the original car stereo to install them onto this unit, but they do not align properly.. how do you suggest fixing it ? The unit currently only holds onto the 4 clips that mount to the screen, but I would have liked to have the additional brackets.

I tried going in factory settings and changing the mixing level for different sources.. bringing down from 5 to 1..
Any help is appreciated, since this issue is annoying enough to return the unit, if I cannot find a workaround.
I have the same static hiss noise problem with rca output,

any recommendations for how to fix it ?

@admin, please share the motherboard technical schematics or drawings then maybe i can do some modification on the parts to fix it.
after some more digging, it looks like my CRV model (the one without navigation, but with an extra subwoofer) has an external amp, which means that the sounds gets amped twice.. that might explain it.. Joying, any ideas around this ?

Some people are recommending a line out converter, or passing wires directly to bypass the external amp, but that sound like a lot of extra work that I did not sign up for, nor do I have the expertise to do..

Otherwise, I like the unit - but the hissing noise drives me nuts.. I'm not sure I want to live with it if there is no easy option.
Following. I have all of these issues with JY-MO005N3N on my 2009 Mazda 6 GH with Bose stereo. I think the gain being pushed to the amp is amplifying the noise floor like you said. There is an option in the factory settings to balance the different inputs, but I dropped all of these to zero and it is still too loud. Need a way to turn it down, or at least clean up the hiss/wireless interference.
---
Joying Head Unit: JY-MO005N3N
Firmware: OPM2.171019.012
Vehicle: Mazda 6 GH 2009
This is an old thread, I know, but the volume being too loud is because the system is amplified twice, once by the new headunit and the other by the (stock) amplifier... Kill one of the two, so, bypass the amp or modify your speaker harnass to RCA and use those on the headunit; your volume control will be dramatically improved. The hissing, ticking or any other interference in the audio can be eliminated by using so called ground loop isolators in your RCA line; I had a constant ticking after converting to RCA and it's gone now with the isolators in place.
Yes,also i have faced some issues like audio, but from this Pinterest Video Downloader
video plays audio well.
I am having the same hissing noise and have the CR-V with amp too. I notice if I just play the radio I don't get it but if I play Spotify or music from my phone or any other source I get it. Anyone find a resolution?
(04-23-2022, 04:25 PM)rob19146 Wrote:  I am having the same hissing noise and have the CR-V with an amp too. I notice if I just play the radio I don't get it but if I play Spotify or music from my phone or any other source I get it. Does anyone find a resolution?
You should have to do some editing in the video. My suggestion is to use Alight Motion. It is one of the most powerful mods for editing videos and photos and an amazing thing about this mod is that you can use all premium features for free.
Sad 
I ordered the 10.1 unit QLED with the volume knob.  Everything seems to be ok except for this Hissing noise. Did we get to a resolution to avoid this at all?  Some of the threads mentions to try ground loop isolators? anyone tried. if so, what is the model.
I had a similar issue with a completely different model car.  There was a noticeable whine from the RCA outputs.  As far as I could make out, it was either a form of ground loop or some kind of amplification of noise picked up by the RCA cables.

I tried wiring the head unit to the same power connectors/source and grounding as the amp, but that didn't help much.  And I know it's not the amp because when I removed the source connections, there's was no sound from the amp/speakers. I also tried several sets of RCA cables and ground loop isolators and they reduced the noise but didn't eliminate it.

So rather than carry on pissing about with the RCA connections, I've switched from RCAs to digital optical out (Toslink) in conjunction with a USB powered DAC.  The optical signal decouples the head unit from any conductive audio connections with the amp/sub set-up I'm using, and it's pretty much sufficient isolation to remove the noise the RCAs might have be introducing.  

The last step for me will be to rewire the grounds directly back to the battery; the live is direct and I want the ground to be direct, too. But in practical terms, I think I've got it as good as it's going to get.