Problems with the volume of TTS voices in Navi Apps
Hello,

I have a Joying Android Radio with the SKU EU-JY-UO135N4GS-C1002

The device works very well, except for a small blemish, and I am otherwise very satisfied with it.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the TTS voices in the navigation systems. They are all so quiet that they are practically not audible. Or the music must be so loud that you can hear it.

I have tried the following Navi Apps: The pre-installed iGO version with additionally installed TTS voices, Sygic, Navigon and TomTom.

First of all, all languages that only consist of sound samples work. So the simple voices that can't announce streets and are not really usable.

Also the automatic volume reduction of music works when an announcement is made (except Navigon).

I have Google TTS on it and everything configured and installed accordingly.

Google Maps is pretty much the only program that works with TTS. There you can hear the voices.

The TTS voices of TomTom are also chopped off. I also installed all the navigation apps on my phone. There these programs work without problems.

I have tried all kinds of audio settings, but nothing changes.

As soon as you activate the default voices (and these are the TTS voices) in the navigation system again, they are so quiet that they are almost not audible at normal music volume.

The only exception here is Navigon. But strangely enough, the music volume is not lowered. It doesn't matter if I have activated this in the settings of the Head Unit or not.

By the way, Navigon lowers the music on the mobile phone when PowerAmp is running in parallel.

I have always set the navigation apps as default.

With TomTom I was able to activate Google TTS voices in the beta features. With them it works halfway. Halfway because the music lowering does not work 100%. When an announcement is playing, the music gets louder and then quieter again.

Does anyone have any tips for me? The radio is otherwise just great.

Messages In This Thread
Problems with the volume of TTS voices in Navi Apps - PCB-Tech - 12-20-2019, 10:59 AM