Problems with the volume of TTS voices in Navi Apps
I had already tried that. But I had no success with the navigation apps I tested.

But I also installed Mapfactor once. And there I can really make the Google TTS voice much louder, with the help of your tips.

But I can also use the Google TTS voices with TomTom, but I don't have to increase the volume. Nevertheless the voices are easy to understand. I would use TomTom, but I only have a trial version now. And I bought Sygic yesterday for a lot of money, hoping it would work.

By the way, Google Maps also uses Google TTS. There you don't need to turn up the volume either. But I don't like them too much.

But what I noticed during testing is that if you switch the voices (Normal/TTS) in the navigation system fast enough while they are still speaking, the TTS voice is suddenly loud at that moment. However, the music is then no longer lowered and runs parallel with the same volume.

But only until the next announcement. Then everything is as before and TTS is too quiet.

But now it is clear that the problem has to do with the music lowering. You can switch this off in the system settings. But it does not switch off. It seems to be permanently activated. I can only configure the level, how much the music is lowered.

So this seems to be a bug, since it seems to affect all navigation systems that bring their own TTS voices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems with the volume of TTS voices in Navi Apps - PCB-Tech - 12-20-2019, 04:43 PM