Reversing camera on new instal
Hello all,
since receiving my head unit, sold as a direct replacement for Kenwood OEM unit on 2012 Subaru Forester, i've been working through some config problems. Support have been good, we are swapping pix back and forward, getting back to me within 2 days, generally.
Original problems were SWC and reverse camera ( as usual with new head units Wink )
OEM plug for SWC did not match exactly with Joying plug. First time i plugged in, it didn't feel right, pulled out, pins in Joying plug were bent. The two plugs do not exactly match, guide slots are different. I straightened the pins, re-inserted a couple of times until it felt sort-of OK, then tried SWC's, was able to program them. The two plugs do not click together, I have them secured together with a cable tie Confused Anyway, one problem solved.

Now to reversing camera.(OEM) I had the two yellow RCA plugs labelled rear view camera connected, no sign of life. After i got the SWC plugs working, I started getting some life. I suspect there is something to do with power in Reverse in that plug. So, now when in Reverse, I get a black screen, then a No Signal message, and mute of audio. Two of the pins in the Joying and OEM reversing camera plugs do not connect. Drawing below.

[Image: Subaru%20Reversing%20camera%20to%20Joying%20paint-L.jpg]

The plugs in question appear to be negative power. it's black on the Joying plug--I did a lot of online research in Subaru forums, and that is meant to be the negative lead in the OEM Kenwood unit. So I connected ground directly to that pin in the OEM plug, but still the same result.
Any other ideas from the larger forum? Admin is on holidays until the 6th October.
Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Reversing camera on new instal - Ralph - 10-02-2022, 06:59 AM
RE: Reversing camera on new instal - Ralph - 10-02-2022, 10:32 AM
RE: Reversing camera on new instal - Ralph - 10-27-2022, 01:19 PM