Bluetooth!!
Except the older sofia units, (Which I have 2) were the same way until you rooted them. SO I'm guessing it's more on than software side than hardware. I wonder if adding bluetooth to the usb port would do anything?
(04-28-2020, 03:53 PM)midd Wrote:  Except the older sofia units, (Which I have 2) were the same way until you rooted them.  SO I'm guessing it's more on than software side than hardware.  I wonder if adding bluetooth to the usb port would do anything?

That's what I'm hoping for and have so far gathered on XDA-developers site. I'm pretty sure some others that have rooted their FYT units were able to get full BT.
Plus I've tried putting a BT usb dongle on the OTG port but it won't work. This also makes me more inclined to believe it's a maimed BT stack they put in.
I've try to reason why these manufacturers do this. I would say it's to try and make it proprietary and force you to buy their accessories like the OBDII but since you can use some other makers OBD readers I can't say it's the reason with 100% certainty.
That puts me back at square one figuring out why. It's stupid for them to keep making them this way because they would increase their business quite a bit from people that don't buy them specifically because they have restricted BT capabilities.
I was able to solve it!
I have an 8" Single Din Android 8.1 system, Intel Airmont eight-core 1.8GHz SC9853i processor, 4GB RAM 64GB ROM memory car stereo with 1024*600 resolution.
Followed simple instructions (no rooting needed) and I connected my generic chinese media button with Joying.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/joying-android-8-1-intel-airmont-eight-t3897206/page162?fbclid=IwAR1jI49jiR_cA1ES2pLjWOkiTC6gxgWYaXjv2d_QcTqfzazj08YKSjMoqf4
It appears my comments got deleted
(04-28-2020, 04:14 PM)LunaEros Wrote:  
(04-28-2020, 03:53 PM)midd Wrote:  Except the older sofia units, (Which I have 2) were the same way until you rooted them.  SO I'm guessing it's more on than software side than hardware.  I wonder if adding bluetooth to the usb port would do anything?

That's what I'm hoping for and have so far gathered on XDA-developers site. I'm pretty sure some others that have rooted their FYT units were able to get full BT.
Plus I've tried putting a BT usb dongle on the OTG port but it won't work. This also makes me more inclined to believe it's a maimed BT stack they put in.
I've try to reason why these manufacturers do this. I would say it's to try and make it proprietary and force you to buy their accessories like the OBDII but since you can use some other makers OBD readers I can't say it's the reason with 100% certainty.
That puts me back at square one figuring out why. It's stupid for them to keep making them this way because they would increase their business quite a bit from people that don't buy them specifically because they have restricted BT capabilities.

hallo, i'm Marco,and I have the same problem with my bluetooth, bought because android, so I could drive my car-dac directly from the screen .. instead bluetooth forbids me! The assistance tells me that "you can't, with their devices". in addition, all the devices it finds are called noName. Have you found a way to unlock it?
Just found this thread after many many hours of trying to get BT to work with different devices. Very frustrating. Is there any hope as of yet?

This BT BS is making me toss the Joying and pursue another brand. Any suggestions?

(05-11-2020, 03:04 PM)cbua Wrote:  I was able to solve it!
I have an 8" Single Din Android 8.1 system, Intel Airmont eight-core 1.8GHz SC9853i processor, 4GB RAM 64GB ROM memory car stereo with 1024*600 resolution.
Followed simple instructions (no rooting needed) and I connected my generic chinese media button with Joying.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/joying-android-8-1-intel-airmont-eight-t3897206/page162?fbclid=IwAR1jI49jiR_cA1ES2pLjWOkiTC6gxgWYaXjv2d_QcTqfzazj08YKSjMoqf4

I don't see these "simple instructions" you speak of.
SKU EU-JY-UO134N4GS-H
Photo 
I want the software of this device because it does not work bluetooth model6316
That is a lie. It CAN be compatible with any BT device. All that has to be done in incorporate the full Android BT stack instead of the limited one you included. Joying just chose to NOT make these units compatible for reasons that are beyond me.

I saw the design on the page I bought it from but the description mentioned nothing about it could not be changed like every other Android device on the market.  There is no reason you can't design it so people can customize the unit to they way they want instead of locking it down so they cannot.

That is the whole point of buying an Android car stereo, so it can be customized to use they way the buyer wants. If you're going to make it non-customizable then you should just build your own proprietary operating system instead of using Android. But then you wouldn't sell many units, would you? Joying is just like Apple in that respect and many people in the US HATE Apple because they are proprietary with everything.

Warranty be damned. It would probably cost way too much to send a broken unit back to get a replacement anyway. There's already a bunch of hackers in online that are rooting your units to make it do what they want. I'll see what help they can offer me.
[/quote]

Thank you very much for sharing such a nice post, it is very useful for me and everyone else. I'll be checking out frequently to read your new post, so it's unmissable to keep up.