Android auto not working
just got my head unit (JY-UQS04N4G-B) everything is working fine except for android auto. I connect my phone to the OTG USB port with the supplied USB cable but nothing happens, when I go into carlink it is just stuck loading. I have a Dab+ adapter attached to the second usb port.
Android auto is updated on both devices. the phone is a Xiaomi MI 9T PRO running android 10
This is where i am stuck

(05-08-2021, 05:41 PM)kristian27 Wrote:  just got my head unit (JY-UQS04N4G-B) everything is working fine except for android auto. I connect my phone to the OTG USB port with the supplied USB cable but nothing happens, when I go into carlink it is just stuck loading. I have a Dab+ adapter attached to the second usb port.
Android auto is updated on both devices. the phone is a Xiaomi MI 9T PRO running android 10

Could you please change another phone for a try?
You need to use the original android phone USB cable.
(05-13-2021, 08:29 AM)admin Wrote:  
(05-08-2021, 05:41 PM)kristian27 Wrote:  just got my head unit (JY-UQS04N4G-B) everything is working fine except for android auto. I connect my phone to the OTG USB port with the supplied USB cable but nothing happens, when I go into carlink it is just stuck loading. I have a Dab+ adapter attached to the second usb port.

Could you please change another phone for a try?
You need to use the original android phone USB cable.

ok, I think I have found the issue. Android auto will not connect when I have the DAB+ adapter plugged into the second USB port. when disconnecting the DAB+ adapter android auto works.
how can I fix this issue?

seems like i am not the only one with this issue, is this something that can be resolved with a firmware update?
Kristian
today I noticed that there's a new firmware version for some models (JY-UQD11N4G I own) has version 2021-4-6
I have currently the version 2021-1-19 installed on my 11.6" head unit with similar AA (Android Auto) connection issue's also using the Joying DAB+ dongle on the second USB port
I'm satisfied with the DAB+ quality but a little disappointed in how the Joying support always reacts; I'm mostly asked to send a video of the issue's even if I fully document the issue in the email with attached pictures of the screens etc... Apparently the european support (sorry but Candy is not technical at all) is just acting as a mailbox to China... I have over 40 mails going back and forth related to several issue's I encountered... for none of them they came up with a working solution...
As the unit is installed in my mobilhome, which is parked at a remote location about 40 minutes driving from where I live, I will upgrade my head unit to the most recent version (2021-4-6) tomorrow, disconnect the DAB+ usb dongle and connect my Samsung Galaxy A12 to the OTG port using my original USB-C cable and test if AA in combination with CarLink works... (cross fingers and hope it"s finally working...)
If AA works fine in combination with my phone, I'll try the same but with the DAB+ dongle connected and see what happens...
I'll report back to you here in the forum about my finding...

regards

Jan
(05-17-2021, 06:14 AM)Allizom Wrote:  What about a small USB hub? I've read this problem in several posts. I know the USB protocol supports up to 127 devices, including hubs, per host. I'm not really sure about Android, but most people have a bus powered hub laying around and if it doesn't work then you haven't lost anything but a minute or two plugging it in.

Let us know if you give it a shot, and more importantly, if it works!

I know this guy would be interested. https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/showthread.php?tid=4290

I tried with a USB splitter cable today, I can get android auto to work but the dab+ adapter isn't recognized.
i am unsure if this is a hardware or a software issue
So I contacted support and they basically just told me that it's supposed to be like this.. apparently, you can't use both USB ports at the same time..
quite ridiculous if you ask me...
so when using android auto I can't use the radio (DAB+)
i payed for the android 10 version for the android auto function but this is just useless to me now...
I think the issue here is the limitations of android auto. Since it only uses your phone, all apps on the head unit will be bypassed.
I've not tried, but maybe you can use split screen and have car link on one half and dab-app on the other?

Generally there are many issues and glitches with the software atm.
set free phone ringtones at https://bruitagesgratuits.com