Format SD Card as Internal Storage
Question 
Hi,

I just installed my brand new 11.6 UIS7862 (UQS11N8G-H), but I have so far two problems. One is the following:

I am not able to format the SD Card as internal storage, whenever it is in the System -> Storage, or built-in file manager or even Google File.

Could you please enable this feature, it is an Android Built-in feature for quite a while and some others Android Headunit do support it.

PS: The question, why?... Answer is Music! On external storage (USB, SD...) it needs to be re-scan and re-scan and re-scan... at every boot up (even wake-up from sleep modus).
(07-26-2022, 12:46 PM)troun Wrote:  Hi,

I just installed my brand new 11.6 UIS7862 (UQS11N8G-H), but I have so far two problems. One is the following:

I am not able to format the SD Card as internal storage, whenever it is in the System -> Storage, or built-in file manager or even Google File.

Could you please enable this feature, it is an Android Built-in feature for quite a while and some others Android Headunit do support it.

PS: The question, why?... Answer is Music! On external storage (USB, SD...) it needs to be re-scan and re-scan and re-scan... at every boot up (even wake-up from sleep modus).

I'm having a similar issue trying to use a 3rd party Music app (GoneMAD, because it is better than the onboard!) and Joying has the storage permissions locked down so much that some functionality doesn't work. Their solution - use their inferior application!

You will notice that you can't even attach screenshots to an email using the gmail website through chrome, again because Joying has seen fit to lock down permissions to the point that the device becomes unusable.

This is quickly become a deal breaker for me, and I am considering returning the unit. I want an android device that I have control over, not the manufacturer.
DrewRead Smile
(07-26-2022, 01:28 PM)drewread Wrote:  I'm having a similar issue trying to use a 3rd party Music app (GoneMAD, because it is better than the onboard!) and Joying has the storage permissions locked down so much that some functionality doesn't work. Their solution - use their inferior application!

You will notice that you can't even attach screenshots to an email using the gmail website through chrome, again because Joying has seen fit to lock down permissions to the point that the device becomes unusable.

This is quickly become a deal breaker for me, and I am considering returning the unit. I want an android device that I have control over, not the manufacturer.

Hey Drew, I can confirm, I tried also to use Vanilla Music (recommanded!), and I come up to the same problem, impossible for it to even read a dammed MP3 Angry

Did you tried to contact Joying Support?
JOYING people???

Is there any plan to address this problem or is it gonna stay like that?

It seems previous Joying models are not affected and do not have this problem.

So, is it a new trend or just a bug?
Joying support has so far proven to be completely useless and not at all "supportive"

They are right, we are wrong, they won't give your money back. All buyers beware and stay away.
DrewRead Smile
(09-07-2022, 12:54 AM)drewread Wrote:  Joying support has so far proven to be completely useless and not at all "supportive"

They are right, we are wrong, they won't give your money back. All buyers beware and stay away.

this is so sad, I never expected 10 years of software update and support, but to support at least latest, no even 1 year old device, from buggs would be the most minimum.
If they are right and me wrong, at least they could say it.
the most irrespectful part, is to not even answer
(09-12-2022, 08:18 AM)troun Wrote:  
(09-07-2022, 12:54 AM)drewread Wrote:  Joying support has so far proven to be completely useless and not at all "supportive"

this is so sad, I never expected 10 years of software update and support, but to support at least latest, no even 1 year old device, from buggs would be the most minimum.
If they are right and me wrong, at least they could say it.
the most irrespectful part, is to not even answer

I have had no problems with Joying service. I have received a response to each e-mail I have sent. If you receive a response you do not like, there simply may not be a good answer. However, notifying Joying may help with software updates. So, send an e-mail to technical support too.
Personally i havent experienced it but i think you can do so by this way so open your phone's Settings app.Tap Storage. SD card.At the top right, select Menu Format and then format card.

Expert Metal Fabrication Services and Welding in Brewster NY