Adjust siri volume in cars with no steering wheel controls
Hello,

Many of us on the Alfa Romeo 4C forums have begun switching to your excellent radios as our cars only support single-din sized radios and have limited room for larger screens. We've found that your JY-HOS01P4 model with the 8.8" screen fits nicely and looks good in the car. However, since these cars do not have steering wheel controls, control of the volume with the 8.8" models is difficult as it does not have the buttons in the bezel as on the other models.

I have five questions:

- How do we adjust the Siri volume while in the ZLink app? I need Siri to be louder relative to the other audio. In other cars/radios this is controlled by adjusting the volume while Siri is "talking", which is shown as adjusting the "Prompt Volume" in one of my other cars. I've tried quickly pulling up the volume adjuster while she is speaking, but it does not affect the Siri volume.

- In the settings screen of the ZLink app, when I turn the "Echo cancellation" to on it immediately turns back off when I switch to another menu and go back. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

- When I exit the settings in the ZLink app with no phone connected, it then shows me what appears to be a volume slider, but it is not labelled. What does this adjust?

- Do you have any plans to produce a version of the 8.8" screen that includes control buttons in the bezel as on the other models? That would be the perfect radio for this car.

- If you will not/cannot produce a version of this screen with the bezel buttons, do you know of any remote volume controllers that we may be able to use in conjunction with the unit?

Thanks!

--Josh
(08-06-2018, 06:25 PM)JWA Wrote:  Hello,

Many of us on the Alfa Romeo 4C forums have begun switching to your excellent radios as our cars only support single-din sized radios and have limited room for larger screens. We've found that your JY-HOS01P4 model with the 8.8" screen fits nicely and looks good in the car. However, since these cars do not have steering wheel controls, control of the volume with the 8.8" models is difficult as it does not have the buttons in the bezel as on the other models.

I have five questions:

- How do we adjust the Siri volume while in the ZLink app? I need Siri to be louder relative to the other audio. In other cars/radios this is controlled by adjusting the volume while Siri is "talking", which is shown as adjusting the "Prompt Volume" in one of my other cars. I've tried quickly pulling up the volume adjuster while she is speaking, but it does not affect the Siri volume.

- In the settings screen of the ZLink app, when I turn the "Echo cancellation" to on it immediately turns back off when I switch to another menu and go back. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

- When I exit the settings in the ZLink app with no phone connected, it then shows me what appears to be a volume slider, but it is not labelled. What does this adjust?

- Do you have any plans to produce a version of the 8.8" screen that includes control buttons in the bezel as on the other models? That would be the perfect radio for this car.

- If you will not/cannot produce a version of this screen with the bezel buttons, do you know of any remote volume controllers that we may be able to use in conjunction with the unit?

Thanks!

--Josh

Josh,

I have the same HU but different car (Abarth 500) I have the same problems as you do with the Zlink app not saving the echo settings. I have a USB volume controller I picked up from Amazon that I haven't tested as I got my SWC working perfectly. I'll let you know about the usb volume knob.

Thanks

Kevin
(10-05-2018, 07:48 PM)kevkranker Wrote:  Josh,

I have the same HU but different car (Abarth 500) I have the same problems as you do with the Zlink app not saving the echo settings. I have a USB volume controller I picked up from Amazon that I haven't tested as I got my SWC working perfectly. I'll let you know about the usb volume knob.

Thanks

Kevin

Josh,

Tried the USB volume controller but it adjust the android system volume but the amp volume doesn't change so no good for what you want.

K