google assistant says sorry i can't make calls yet
(04-02-2019, 05:46 PM)TomK Wrote:  
(03-28-2019, 07:17 PM)Rover Wrote:  No. I no need to use the "android auto" function.
I mean when the phone is connected to the radio via Bluetooth I can't use google assistant to make a call.

I have the same problem on my UO135N4. On my older Joying, Sofia model (N2) I was able to fix this by changing the DPI setting. I think the problem is that Android sees the device as a tablet rather than a phone. Changing the DPI tricked Android into thinking it was a phone so that it could initiate the call.

Joying, could you look into making Android think this is a phone device and register the Bluetooth dialer app as the system phone app?

Again, the problem is that a Google Assistant request like "Call Tom mobile" should look in Contacts to find "Tom", get his mobile number and then send that number to the Bluetooth dialer app. This should be fairly straightforward and drastically increase the functionality of the headunit.

Thanks,
Tom

You need to install "Google voice assistant" APK on your head unit.
Then you can use then you can use the "OK google"

Messages In This Thread
RE: google assistant says sorry i can't make calls yet - admin - 04-12-2019, 06:54 AM