No Amp turn on signal, Android 8.1
Hi!

Just got this to replace my 4yr old joying headunit:
JY-TO152N4PX5S
https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-android-8-0-toyota-highlander-2009-2014-car-audio-system-head-unit-support-video-out.html

Install was easy, mainly because it used the same harness as the old joying unit. Unfortunately, the headunit does not output 12V on its amp turn-on wire. The pin is not bent and I get continuity through the plug to my DSP. I've read about the sound setting for amp or not amp, but I've been through every menu on this radio and have found nothing. Worth noting, this radio has FAR fewer options and settings from my old Joying unit.

I can't connect my amp turn-on wire to my ACC circuit as it lets a ton of engine noise and whine into the audio system. I had this issue with the old Joying headunit, until I used it's amp output wire. It must be filtered well as its a lot cleaner 12V signal.

Does anyone with the newest software version know if there is the audio option menu hiding somewhere? I don't want to return this thing for being defective if its simply a setting, particularly because I really like the new unit.

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention, the audio comes out of the RCA pre-amp level outputs perfectly clear. Just no 12V on the amp turn on wire.
(04-20-2019, 04:56 AM)sweeneyp Wrote:  Hi!

Just got this to replace my 4yr old joying headunit:
JY-TO152N4PX5S
https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-android-8-0-toyota-highlander-2009-2014-car-audio-system-head-unit-support-video-out.html

Install was easy, mainly because it used the same harness as the old joying unit. Unfortunately, the headunit does not output 12V on its amp turn-on wire. The pin is not bent and I get continuity through the plug to my DSP. I've read about the sound setting for amp or not amp, but I've been through every menu on this radio and have found nothing. Worth noting, this radio has FAR fewer options and settings from my old Joying unit.

I can't connect my amp turn-on wire to my ACC circuit as it lets a ton of engine noise and whine into the audio system. I had this issue with the old Joying headunit, until I used it's amp output wire. It must be filtered well as its a lot cleaner 12V signal.

Does anyone with the newest software version know if there is the audio option menu hiding somewhere? I don't want to return this thing for being defective if its simply a setting, particularly because I really like the new unit.

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention, the audio comes out of the RCA pre-amp level outputs perfectly clear. Just no 12V on the amp turn on wire.

So do you mean that there is no voltage on amp-cont wire?
I just got my unit (JY-VO130N4GS) and it has the same issue. No +12v on the orange/black wire. I tried wint amp on/off from menu, doesnt work. For the moment, my amps are wired to that red ACC wire that comes out of the unit, but there`s a lot of background noise in the speaker, and also, i can hear my engine revs in the speakers. Any chance we can fix this? Thanks.
(09-01-2019, 08:19 AM)dj_roxor Wrote:  I just got my unit (JY-VO130N4GS) and it has the same issue. No +12v on the orange/black wire. I tried wint amp on/off from menu, doesnt work. For the moment, my amps are wired to that red ACC wire that comes out of the unit, but there`s a lot of background noise in the speaker, and also, i can hear my engine revs in the speakers. Any chance we can fix this? Thanks.

Have you turn on the "amp on" on the setting?