Hi

model 2818wh jo322
mcu mtcb-jy-v2.73
Android 4.4.4_02032016

kernel 3.0.36+
root@churn #395 1/3/2016
Build rk188-eng4.4.4.02032016.11:1954
cpu arm cotex-a9 1/55 ghz x 4

I've never done any updates since I installed the unit 3 years ago but last week all of a sudden it did some type of reset. I didn't do anything.

Torque disappeared and now it won't connect to WIFI. Can't turn wifi on.

Whats the process for me to update?

Thanks
(12-16-2019, 09:18 PM)Zaphod42 Wrote:  Hi

model 2818wh jo322
mcu mtcb-jy-v2.73
Android 4.4.4_02032016

kernel 3.0.36+
root@churn #395 1/3/2016
Build rk188-eng4.4.4.02032016.11:1954
cpu arm cotex-a9 1/55 ghz x 4

I've never done any updates since I installed the unit 3 years ago but last week all of a sudden it did some type of reset. I didn't do anything.

Torque disappeared and now it won't connect to WIFI. Can't turn wifi on.

What the process for me to update?

Thanks

Your head unit is the older system, there is no other file for update.
So what can I do then? the WIFI is not working so i can't use for GPS or google maps, Torque has vanished but I can't install anything.

Can I get it reset to the image that came with the unit?

Can you help?
(12-17-2019, 10:37 AM)Zaphod42 Wrote:  So what can I do then? the WIFI is not working so i can't use for GPS or google maps, Torque has vanished but I can't install anything.

Can I get it reset to the image that came with the unit?

Can you help?

According to your system information, it is the old head unit system which was manufactured 5 years ago. and also has been stopped the manufacture.
Many more accessories have been older on the mainboard.
So there may be more trouble on the head unit.

There is also no stock for the old accessories in the factory now.
I bought it new 3 years ago so I hope it would last longer than that.

I don't think it's hardware as the software did a reset/update and then it all stopped working.

Whats the passcode/pin to factory reset?
Where are the image files for updates after I do the factory reset?

some help please.
(12-21-2019, 01:42 AM)Zaphod42 Wrote:  I bought it new 3 years ago so I hope it would last longer than that.

I don't think it's hardware as the software did a reset/update and then it all stopped working.

some help please.

I'm afraid you can forget direct Joying support (mr. Beeblebrox?)
With all new products nowadays, support stops quite early. My panasonic camera is from 2016: no updates in firmware anymore. My Philips Android TV is not even 2 years old and does not get new updates anymore.
With those Chinese head units (not only Joying) it is even worse: not only updates anymore, but the firmwares simply disappear.

Your chances might be on the XDA forum. See this post.
Note that I never had such a unit, so you are on your own.

@admin: Can you advise something to @Zaphod42 about the firmwares in that XDA post?
(a.k.a. surfer63 on XDA)
(12-21-2019, 03:47 PM)hvdwolf Wrote:  
(12-21-2019, 01:42 AM)Zaphod42 Wrote:  I bought it new 3 years ago so I hope it would last longer than that.

some help please.

I'm afraid you can forget direct Joying support (mr. Beeblebrox?)
With all new products nowadays, support stops quite early. My panasonic camera is from 2016: no updates in firmware anymore. My Philips Android TV is not even 2 years old and does not get new updates anymore.
With those Chinese head units (not only Joying) it is even worse: not only updates anymore, but the firmwares simply disappear.

Your chances might be on the XDA forum. See this post.
Note that I never had such a unit, so you are on your own.

@admin: Can you advise something to @Zaphod42 about the firmwares in that XDA post?

Sorry, his system is too older. there is no other update files for this old system now.