Another bluetooth complaint
(04-30-2020, 01:44 PM)mclellan83 Wrote:  Like I said in another thread, they had said they were looking into opening them about but that was at least 8-10 months ago.  I am sure that the COVID has played a part in a delay if they were actually working on it, but I really don't know that they will.  I guess I am going to look at rooting one of my units so that I can run my air ride through it, the top one I had installed FCC car launcher on it anyways to give it a different look.  But I am still putting the car back together and even struggling with getting the unit to mount into the GM Metra kit

I'm not so sure it's doable now. One of the more experienced guys with the FYT units over on xda-developers says they limited the BT chip itself and built what they want to let you use into their BT apk. So putting a whole BT stack and rooting it might not work since we would have to replace the module as well which would also mean firmware code for the MCU having to be created.
I hope the F he's wrong.
Yeah, I am in that same thread over there. I think your post got responses for some reason mine hasn't
Talked to a guy who has installed a lot of the Joying units here in the States, he says he has had some luck with the new Airmont units but not the PX5 like I have.  He said "I tried that mod on my Intel Airmont model and it seemed to work. I was able to pair with led bluetooth controllers, and Bluetooth relays"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/joying-android-8-1-intel-airmont-eight-t3897206/page162?fbclid=IwAR1jI49jiR_cA1ES2pLjWOkiTC6gxgWYaXjv2d_QcTqfzazj08YKSjMoqf4
(05-04-2020, 01:56 PM)mclellan83 Wrote:  Talked to a guy who has installed a lot of the Joying units here in the States, he says he has had some luck with the new Airmont units but not the PX5 like I have.  He said "I tried that mod on my Intel Airmont model and it seemed to work. I was able to pair with led bluetooth controllers, and Bluetooth relays"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/joying-android-8-1-intel-airmont-eight-t3897206/page162?fbclid=IwAR1jI49jiR_cA1ES2pLjWOkiTC6gxgWYaXjv2d_QcTqfzazj08YKSjMoqf4

I think I might have tried that before and it didn't work. I'll try again when I get a chance. Thanks.
(05-04-2020, 02:44 PM)LunaEros Wrote:  
(05-04-2020, 01:56 PM)mclellan83 Wrote:  Talked to a guy who has installed a lot of the Joying units here in the States, he says he has had some luck with the new Airmont units but not the PX5 like I have.  He said "I tried that mod on my Intel Airmont model and it seemed to work. I was able to pair with led bluetooth controllers, and Bluetooth relays"

I think I might have tried that before and it didn't work. I'll try again when I get a chance. Thanks.

I'd be interested to see how that goes