Device picked 4G LTE over WiFi
My head unit has both 4G and WiFi turned on and both have strong signals. Speed tests show WiFi is getting only 25 Mbps out of my ISP's 600 Mbps, and 4G speed varies. I downloaded some playlists through Google Play Music in my garage, and only later I found out the download used the 4G connection instead of WiFi. Over the years on my Android phones I have never experienced something like this. On the phones WiFi has always been chosen over mobile connection. It's disappointing because I don't have an unlimited data plan.

Is this something unique to the Joying units?
(06-10-2020, 12:14 AM)camedia Wrote:  My head unit has both 4G and WiFi turned on and both have strong signals. Speed tests show WiFi is getting only 25 Mbps out of my ISP's 600 Mbps, and 4G speed varies. I downloaded some playlists through Google Play Music in my garage, and only later I found out the download used the 4G connection instead of WiFi. Over the years on my Android phones I have never experienced something like this. On the phones WiFi has always been chosen over mobile connection. It's disappointing because I don't have an unlimited data plan.

Is this something unique to the Joying units?

If you are using the wireless carplay, your wifi will be disable and you only can use the 4G internet data.
No, I don't use carplay as I have a Google phone. I had to turn off "Mobile data always active" in "Developer options" on the head unit. On my phone this option is always on, but it never caused any problem as on the head unit.