[Solved] Change DPI/font size
Hi Joying,

I need to change the DPI or change the font size as some of the text is too small. I know it is possible because Android 10 supports this natively.  The first barrier is that in your firmware you have replaced the stock Android Settings.apk with your own. I get why. You are trying to deliver a more car centric settings app.  However in doing so you have made unavailable the basic Android display settings.

The work arounds for this appear to be:
1. Restore the stock Android settings app. However then we will lose Joying specific settings
2. Set a DPI value in the config.txt and refresh firmware e.g.
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
3. Find an app that can call the underlying API to change the DPI and give it permission via ADB

Are these really the only options? I bought an Android 10 device but I can't access basic Android 10 features like font size.

Can you please advise which of these methods I need to use or if there is a better way?

This is a major issue for me and other customers too.

Kind regards,
Michael
Ok good news. I figured it out. Joying have left a setting available in the developer settings called Smallest Width. I have just set mine to 700 down from 1020. The difference is night and day wow!