Always cold boot, and cannot update?
OK received my SKU JY-UQD10N4G-H with 10.1" screen and 1920 x 1200 resolution yesterday and installed in my 2007 Civic, I am finding that it will always cold boot despite having the correct wires connected i.e. always battery live (tested) can't find any settings that influence this, I have tried a couple of resets but resisted a factory reset so far,
It also reloads several different screens i.e. maps, music player etc despite them being cleared before turning off.

My other problems so far are that I cannot update, downloaded this update file https://www.joyingauto.com/blog/category/updated-files-released/
Onto a freshly formatted (FAT32) USB stick and every time I go to the update screen and select the file from the file manager it just says error or takes me back to the home screen.

Also, I cannot get the factory steering wheel controls to work despite having the correct adapter and have tried all wiring configurations, but I anticipated this and bought a standalone steering wheel remote to pre-empt this but would still like to get the factory controls working, so has anyone had any of these problems and found a solution, so fat not that impressed it also lack any sort of favourites for phone contacts which other HU have had.
Solved the update problem....it would help if it was explained clearly that the extracted folder has to be opened and the resulting contents copied onto the USB drive for the update to be recognized by the unit!
One interesting point the update installation took place with the screen inverted, and I was worried that it might stay that way, but it's OK now.

Thought it might solve the cold boot problem, but it persists so still need an answer for that, it still seems to cycle through any previously opened apps etc but does go back to the home screen there is definitely something odd going on, and I would have expected better given the price of the unit.
I am starting to suspect that the wiring harness supplied with the head unit has the red and yellow wires reversed, will have a look at swapping them.
Well, that didn't work! Although it seems to not load the audio player ....well not always, but also noticed that the boot volume adjuster does not work so stuck on 18!
My have solved this with the ACC settings but not sure if It's going to stick, still need to sort the boot volume setting though.
Steering wheel control problem now solved, it just a case of finding the correct wires by testing for resistance change on operating the steering wheel controls, a bit of a pain going through the wiring harness with a meter but got there in the end.
Anyone having problems with a 05 to 12 UK Honda Civic, give me a shout and i'll point you to the correct wires.
(09-27-2022, 03:51 PM)Tricky Wrote:  Steering wheel control problem now solved, it just a case of finding the correct wires by testing for resistance change on operating the steering wheel controls, a bit of a pain going through the wiring harness with a meter but got there in the end. GB WhatsApp
Anyone having problems with a 05 to 12 UK Honda Civic, give me a shout and i'll point you to the correct wires.

Hello pal, i successfully updated the firmware using your described guide by extracting the files and copy it in the USB drive. thanks for that.
Now i'm struggling in the wire configuration. if you can help me with that, i would be a big help.
What's your problem with the wiring?