Help needed to trigger backup mode
Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing my new head unit and have ran into an issue- the head unit does not switch to the back up camera when the car is in reverse (not even a blank screen), and the unit stays on the home screen. I have tried connecting the BACK trigger wire to 6v, 12v, and GND when in reverse, but the head unit never switches to the reverse camera view. My HU does not have a CAN bus module.

1. Is there some setting on the head unit to auto-enable the reverse camera?
    I found an option in the factory settings called "Switch Backup Camera," but I can only set it to Default.
  2. What are the tolerances for the BACK wire to trigger the camera?
    My reverse lamps put out anywhere from 9.5-13.5v and none have worked.

Anything else to try?
I figured this out myself. The "Local Radar switch" option in the Factory settings must be turned ON to see the backup camera image on reverse.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=581]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-04-2023, 10:54 PM)SubieSJ Wrote:  I figured this out myself. The "Local Radar switch" option in the Factory settings must be turned ON to see the backup camera image on reverse.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=581]

Thanks for this! I took everything back apart checking voltage on the reverse trigger and could not figure it out. Your post helped me out. It's too easy during scrolling and accidentally changing settings.