Screen flickering on my 11.6 unit
I have a11.6 unit for my jeep and periodically the screen will flicker. The sound is still working.
(04-26-2023, 11:32 AM)CHIKN55 Wrote:  I have a11.6 unit for my jeep and periodically the screen will flicker. The sound is still working.

You can try to disconnect and then connect the ribbon which on the back of the screen and from the side on the coreboard for checking.
(05-08-2023, 06:58 AM)admin Wrote:  
(04-26-2023, 11:32 AM)CHIKN55 Wrote:  I have a11.6 unit for my jeep and periodically the screen will flicker. The sound is still working.

You can try to disconnect and then connect the ribbon which on the back of the screen and from the side on the coreboard for checking.

Did this work for you? Didn't work for me. Next I will try replacing the ribbon cable with a new one -- I'm not very optimistic it will work, but if anyone has experienced such a screen failure (dead blank screen or flickering/flashing blank screen that does not show anything else) please let me know if simply replacing the ribbon helped.
Hello.
Have you noticed if when the problem occurs the screen is very hot? I've noticed it and tried to decrease brightness. After that I've never had this problem again. Screen now is always cold.

(06-12-2023, 08:53 PM)obcjoy Wrote:  

Did this work for you? Didn't work for me. Next I will try replacing the ribbon cable with a new one -- I'm not very optimistic it will work, but if anyone has experienced such a screen failure (dead blank screen or flickering/flashing blank screen that does not show anything else) please let me know if simply replacing the ribbon helped.

UPDATE: Replacing the ribbon did not fix the problem. I tried multiple ribbons - so definitely not that. Waiting to hear back from Joying, which has been taking too long and frankly frustrating. Will try to keep this thread updated with any further information that could be of use to others.

(06-20-2023, 04:47 PM)viniciusdasilva Wrote:  Hello.
Have you noticed if when the problem occurs the screen is very hot? I've noticed it and tried to decrease brightness. After that I've never had this problem again. Screen now is always cold.

In my case, the screen stopped working one day and hasn't worked since, including when I powered it up indoors after sitting in an air conditioned room for several days Smile. So seems like something different from yours... Glad to hear yours has been working though
(06-22-2023, 05:41 AM)obcjoy Wrote:  

UPDATE: Replacing the ribbon did not fix the problem. I tried multiple ribbons - so definitely not that. Waiting to hear back from Joying, which has been taking too long and frankly frustrating.  Will try to keep this thread updated with any further information that could be of use to others.

(06-20-2023, 04:47 PM)viniciusdasilva Wrote:  Hello.

In my case, the screen stopped working one day and hasn't worked since, including when I powered it up indoors after sitting in an air conditioned room for several days Smile. So seems like something different from yours... Glad to hear yours has been working though

Please kindly directly contact our email support@joyinauto.com we will help you.
This seems to be a VERY common problem with the 11.6" units.
My first JY-UQS11N8G-H (11.6", single din, 8gb/128gb) was purchased on 8/14/22 via Amazon (seller: carjoying ). It lasted around 5 days before screen flickering and randomly going completely dark. The music was still playing but, no screen at all.
Since it was less than a week old, I sent it back for a replacement on 8/23/22.

By March of 2023, the replacement deck started doing the same thing. I did a little research online and thought that the cable between the deck and screen had become defective. Don't know how this could happen but, if it is that simple, it is easy enough to replace.

I replaced the cable and it continues to happen just as random as before.

The recent reviews on Amazon confirm this is a problem. I am not the only person that has had identical problems on multiple units.
https://www.amazon.com/JOYING-Navigation-Full-Fit-1920x1080-Bluetooth/product-reviews/B09NX7R96W/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt_rgt?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1&filterByStar=critical